Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rag Lights

You may have seen this idea floating around blog land or Pintrest.  When my mother-in-law gave me all her quilting scraps, I just had to try the rag lights.

I cut strips about 1 1/2 x 7 1/2", but irregularity is the name of the game.  That's why this was the perfect craft for me.  No straight lines, fussy measurements, or sewing!


The lights were dirt cheap.  The 11 foot strand of LED C6 with 35 bulbs were on sale for $4.99 with an instant $2 rebate from our electric company.  Needless to say I bought the rebate max of 5 boxes. 



I just tied them on randomly with no method or order.  I think it turned out great, but it did take time.  You can do this and watch TV at the same time.  So, it's a no-brainer.







A few tips: Don't use too many fabrics with white backs.  I had two out of six that DID.  But they blended in okay because my lights are white.  Also, I used 109 strips. This will vary if you use a longer strand or if you prefer a thicker or sparse look.

Linking up to:

Dittle Dattle



Between Naps On The Porch

3 comments:

  1. I love this! It totally fits with my 'modern rustic' tree theme this year. I'm picking up some big lights and getting to work. Thanks for sharing. New follower from Amaze Me Monday

    http://chickenscratchny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Amazing! Thanks for sharing these fun crafts.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've seen this garland, it's a cute idea:@)

    ReplyDelete