Monday, November 28, 2011

DECK THE HALLS

I thought that a garage sale barn picture was so cool.  When I got home & opened it up, the "photo" turned out to be a cheap calendar page!  So I guess the .25 was spent on the frame and sage green matting.  That's still a good deal.  Check out what I made. . .



I painted the negative space in a vinyl cut out on my Cricut.  The cartridge is called Winter Frolic. 




 It needed some dimension, so I put on two buttons. I also added strips of scrapbooking paper around the matting.  This lovely paper is cream gingham from Authentique.  The distressing is pretty neat!



Linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. What a savvy shopper you are! Anything for 25cents is great, but your cool re-purpose is amazing! See, sometimes it takes a little disappointment to make us think outside the box.
    I love it, and thank you for sharing with us at "What's It Wednesdays". Hope you link up again next week!
    Patti and Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Love the added buttons!

    Nice stopping by to visit with you!
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete