Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bye Bye Pumpkins

Some people that I know already have their Christmas tree up!  Maybe you do too.  Personally, we wait and buy a real one later on.  Holidays & seasons are changing.

The pumpkins on the deck froze hard as a brick.  It was pretty sad seeing them heaped on my ever growing compost pile.  *sigh*



He didn't even make it through Thanksgiving, so I gave him a sad face.  I just couldn't resist!

But the good news is that Christmas is THEE most delightful holiday to decorate for!!!  Okay, I'm pretty sure I say this about every holiday.  Oh well, at least there is enthusiasm!

In honor of the CURRENT holiday, here is a lovely vintage postcard.  I sifted through HUNDREDS at the local antique store to come up with one that I liked.  It's so fancy, all embossed and a metallic wishbone.




Do *YOU* have a thing for postcards?  They seem to be one item that maintains it's value.  I think the beauty of vintage cards is how unique they are and they always have a nice handled appearance.  It's sweet really, one person sending thoughtful images to each other, the old fashioned way.


 

Linking up to :          Very Merry Vintage Style

1 comment:

  1. Your pumpkin face cracks me up! That's a beautiful postcard--I love to collect them. They don't take up much space and you can make photocopies to use in crafts. Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday

    ReplyDelete