Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ditch Digger

You've all heard the term "dumpster diver".  I'd consider myself more of a "ditch digger".


We own property with an old rusty garbage heap.  I estimate it to be about 50 years old.  I figure in that amount of time, all the germs have dissipated.  At least that's how I convince myself that it's not gross.




Would YOU ever dig for treasure?  Have you?  Before you say "no" and "never", consider my finds!

Yes, even the cart!


Giant tea cup (he he he)?  Or vintage batter bowl?

Textured Root Beer Bottle!

The wire fencing spool, that you'll novice at the base of the cart, provided me with perfect wire flower shapes!  Here is what I did:













It's a flower wreath, of sorts.  Junkers can scavenge & create something for practically nothing!

Linking up to:  COASTAL CHARM

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love ditch finds! That giant teacup is awesome-- I love the colors on it. And your wreath turned out beautiful! I am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful what you did with that find. Keep your tetanus current ( I am a nurse). We are big junkers too and I am showing rusty bits today myself. hugs♥Olive from Olive Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so be digging in the ditch with you! Love your finds - hopefully there are more treasures waiting to be found by you.

    ReplyDelete