Friday, December 9, 2011

Wooden Pine

This ideas was stolen from someone in blog-land.  I should really write these things down, so I can give credit to the original creator.  Simple rustic pine trees, made from thin boards....


The boards came off an old arbor top that I dismantled. I couldn't let such fabulous cedar go to waste!


A cardboard pattern gave me me proper angled edges.




A thick coat of Tim Holtz crackle paint gave them the ultimate aged look!



 The white one with the ruler backing is of course the cutest.  My friend bought it from me.  I did recommend that she clear coat the chippy paint, or it might all come off.  A staple gun worked well  for attaching the ruler back, the green one required nails. 

Thanks for stopping by!  ~Minnesota Junker (Jane)


The Shabby Nest

ShabbyNest


Stuff-and-nonsense


1 comment:

  1. i can never recall
    where i find ideas either

    but this one's a goody for sure

    love the simpleness of it
    and perfect for Christmas

    thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete