Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Birch Bark Garland

We helped some friends split & stack wood a while back.  The reward was a pile of birch bark that had fallen off.  I took them, not knowing for sure what they would be for.  My husband has learned not to even ask.  He knows that I'm a junker.



I traced a star shape onto the bark, then carefully cut them out with a good strong pair of scissors. 




I punched tiny holes, as seen here.  Then knotted my hemp, so it wouldn't slide.

THE RESULTS:

Dreamy, right?  I sold two strands at the craft fair right away.  They had 12 stars on each strand and were about 8 feet long.  I really wanted them on my tree, so now I have to make more!



(dirty window! eww)


Linking up to : Faded Charm

4 comments:

  1. love it!! but....tell how you find birch bark...just laying around??? my birch trees here in California don't peel off...does your's? Love the ideas you come up with
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a post with more bark information. Hopefully it'll help answer some of your questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Did you do anything so the birch bark wouldn't curl? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete