Sunday, December 18, 2011

Spruce it up


I loath the shiny wrapping that house plants come in.  The first thing I do when I get a plant is put in an attractive container.  I love my poinsettia this year, it's kind of wrinkled & funky. Let me show you how I spruced it up!


I trim the wrapper down so that it won't show.  It is waterproof & serves a purpose.  Especially on a vintage buffet, were you don't want any moisture damage.


It looks MUCH better, doesn't it?  Enamelware & a vintage hanky are just what the doctor ordered!

That sweet little girl figure is a Josef Original.  I collect them. Most people are most familiar with the birthstone girls.  This line is "doll of the month".  She's December. 


Please leave me a comment with YOUR poinsettia container ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment