Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Repurposed moss planter

I've been trying to utilize my Iowa junk discoveries from last month.  This project is hard to describe, because I'm not sure what it originally was!  I'm guessing a hay feeder, but please post a comment if I'm wrong! 

The first step was to line the inside with some old white wire garden fencing.  I think it softens the look of the chunky old metal.  It will also hold in the moss & dirt better!




At the local greenhouse, I bought a 3 foot x 3 foot piece of moss basket liner.  It cost about $6.50, so I was careful to make a template out of plastic.  I didn't want to cut it wrong & have to buy more!


Then it was put in, trimmed, filled with good potting soil.  I planted an Asparagus Fern, Red Spike & Wandering Jew. It's a heavy old piece, so it will have to be a ground planter. 








Thanks for looking.  I hope I've inspired you to "get junky" in your garden!  This post is listed on a Friend Friday link, please check out the other entries at . . .Trash to Treasure Decorating

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how you were going to use that one! :0)

    ReplyDelete