Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Softball Flower


We live close to a softball field, so we find a good number of misplaced balls each spring.  I found some inpiration for a softball craft in the current Flea Market Style Magazine


The project involves using one & a half balls, that have been cut apart & flattened.  The trick to this is laziness. 




*chirp, chirp*





Yes, you heard me right.  LAZINESS.  Once you have cut the balls apart, simply leave them on the deck table to get rained on & sun baked.  This apparently will flatten them very well!  The two on the right side were neglected & then respectfully decide to cooperate!



I took it a step further & restitched the red laces back around all the edges.  This was time consuming, but worth it.  Plus if I'm gonna steal an idea, then I should try & one-up it.  Right?

THE RESULTS:



Pretty stinkin' cute!  I added some scrapbooking flowers & a vintage button to the middle.





**********************************************************

I searched around the web for other baseball inspired crafts.






Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I encourage you to stop on over to Faded Charm, where I have linked up to White Wednesday #110.  I've also added it to A Little Tipsy DIY under $5 & Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. Super Cute...I wonder if this could be done with tennis balls....got lots of those. LOL
    Carmen @ www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute...my gal pal made a little basket out of a dis-assembled baseball...been wanting to try it...you just inspired me! tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I wonder if you could make some sort of little tote out of them. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you use to restitch the laces. I can seem to find the right stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a large hand sewing needle & embroidery floss. If the floss is too thick to thread the needle on, then split the strands. I hope this helps.

      Delete
  5. This is such a SUPER SUPER cute idea! I am so doing this. Found you on Pinterest and repinned. Am also your newest follower! Thanks for sharing this. Your flower turned out adorable! Terri of Two Pink Peas www.twopinkpeas.com

    ReplyDelete