Friday, July 22, 2011

Jesus Print

I bought a print of Jesus at a local antique store.  It's kind of dark & painful looking.  A little research revealed that it's called Veronica's Veil.   It also explains that the eyes sometimes appear to look at you.  I never noticed this, and with close inspection did notice the "changing" eyes!  This, however, is extremely hard to photograph. 





The name of this print intrigued me, so I sought more info!  It's an interesting story, you can read it at http://www.einterface.net/gamini/Veronica.html.

So now you've seen it, and read about it.  What do you think?  Please leave some comments.  I'm totally comfortable with this in my home. I like the dirty, rustic, tattered look.  But, I wonder if someday my kids will remember it hanging there & talk about the eyes!

Check out other questionable buys at junker newbie, I've linked to the Would You Buy It Wednesday #10.

2 comments:

  1. I agree it is slightly creepy... but I would purchase it and hang it up, or give it to my sister who has a collection of religious prints. It's very intriquing and I enjoy things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would buy it. I like the mystery feel to it.

    ReplyDelete