Monday, February 18, 2013

Old Toaster

I was feeling disappointed in my judgement.
Purchasing this $3 toaster was not my smartest move.
Then the idea hit me.
 
It's shaped like a birdhouse!
 
So I drilled pulled the toaster "guts" out with a pliers.
That left the inside open for a nesting area.
 
Then I drilled a hole in one side,
which was a bit challenging.
 
 
Then I found a decorative ring in my jewelry making supplies.
I wanted the opening to be safe the birds,
since my drilled hole was pretty sharp.
 
 
I was sure to drill the hole on the side with the cord plug in prongs.
They'll make a perfect little landing perch.
 
 
I wired the ring in, which then required the side doors
notched out so they closed tightly where the wire is.
 
I wired the back shut.
You can still use pliers to unhook it & clean out old nests.
 
 
 
 
Linking up to:
&
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! So very creative, who would have thought. Genius, I just love it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog. The toaster birdhouse is adorable. And I love your dresser re-do. Would you allow me to feature both on my site? You've got such great ideas! -- Jan at fleaChic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love it if you'd feature them, just provide a link to my blog. Thanks! ~ Jane (MN Junker)

      Delete
  3. Saw your feature on this post on Ivy and Elephants. It is so adorable. I have lately been reading your posts and am now a follower. The blue dresser won me over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What a cute and clever transformation to keep the birds nice and toasty. Saw you featured at Ivy and Elephants. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a fun and creative way to use this vintage toaster! The birdhouse turned out great. thank you for sharing it with us at TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your toaster birdhouse is so clever! Only fashionably chic birds allowed, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete