Monday, December 17, 2012

Music Tray

Boy was this ugly tray begging for help!
 
 
I decided to practice my modge podge on it.
I'll never hold a candle my sister's modge podge ability.
The good news is, this tray could not get any uglier!

 
I used vintage hymn book pages.
 
 
I got the lantern at Shopko for $20
after being inpired by Tim Holtz.
 
Pinned Image
 
He posted on Facebook a while back
 and I finally found it on Pintrest.
His old lantern is light years better than mine!
I did some searching on Ebay for an old lantern,
but settled for a "new old" one.
 
The tiny aged ornaments in mine are from a garage sale!
I did mix in a few newer ones that matched the red in both the
lantern & tray to tie it all together.
Do YOU ever mix old & new?
There are a lot of fun new vintage inspired products.
 
 
Linking up to:
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Me oh my! It's gorgeous!
    I love it!
    Wish I would have thought of it...

    Is it ok if I made one like it...?

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystelle. Of course you can make one!

      Delete