Wednesday, August 15, 2012

ALPHA & OMEGA

I found a sturdy coffee table or $10 at a garage sale & decided to give it a transformation.  My "before" photo got lost when my computer crashed, but I do have some "along the way" pics.  The top had NO finish left on it and was bone dry plus stained.  I painted it brown, distressed it, then started my inspirational phrase painting!  The legs were green & got a LOT of distressing to make the table look older than it is.


I wrote the whole Bible verse underneath the table.  Revelations 1:8  I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, "who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty"


My efforts here were to attempt to make the words seem like a vintage product label.  At the very least, I didn't what to go straight across and be boring!  The trick was to use a garbage can lid as the guide for my half circle!  Creativity knows no limits in my garage! 


The letters are adhesive vinyl cut on the Cricut machine using my favorite font Old West cartridge.  It's always a risk picking the size and keeping things straight. The more you experiment, the easier it gets and I'm on a role this summer!  These letters were traced around & then painted on with acrylics.  A furniture polish gave the top a little shine, since my sanding made it dull.

ARE

YOU

READY

FOR

THE

RESULTS

???


ta-dah





The wax application...


All the previous pics were dull & from BEFORE I waxed.  Leave it to me to do things backwards!

I hope you've learned something or leave the blog feeling uplifted & inspired!  Now go get creative!!!

Linking up to:

Primitive and Proper





1 comment: