Friday, July 18, 2014

Door Bookshelf, Jars & Bats

I love Pinterest. 
It inspires me and provides a paperless
place to stash (almost all) my ideas.
 
This is my version of the blue canning jar
flower vase set. It's one of many uses for these
amazing old colored jars.  It's fresh cut flower
season here in my yard!  I love the constant
glow of many bright & delightful colors.
 
 
Please follow me on Pinterest,
or just my "jars" pins.  I'm a
heavy pinner, so you'll find
plenty to sift through on rainy
days or quiet evenings!!!
 
Another fun Page is my collection of "old doors" pins.
Here is a door bookshelf I made.  One thing no one
ever tells you online is that doors are always worn
down from swinging for years & need a fresh
straight cut on the bottom or it will end up sitting
crooked.  Also, they are hard high quality wood,
which requires a good saw & sharp blade.
When you make a bookshelf like this,
it is gonna be darn heavy.  It must be Oak.

 

 
These doors were in great chippy crackle condition.
I have not paid more than $5 for an old door.
They are fairly abundant at garage sales.

 
One last addition to his post today...
I've listed some cute old baseball bats on my
Etsy site.  The wooden bats are getting hard to
find, so I love making them available to crafters
and collectors. 

 
 
Linking up to:
 
Party-Icon-3
&
 
Lavender Garden Cottage


No comments:

Post a Comment