Friday, January 10, 2014

Diamond Upgrade!

It's easier to repaint "not so old" furniture.
It's sturdy, so when you're sanding the spindles
don't wobble. There is no wood filling to do either.
 This $3 garage sale find was a fun one to give
the diamond upgrade!

BEFORE:
 
After:
 
I sanded it, then used one thin streaky layer of
Clark & Kensington (Ace Hardware) Forgotten Secret.
I hate this paint, because it dries tacky.
But it has a primer in it, and I love the color.
It is self healing also, which is only good if you
want a perfect look.
So needless to say, I'm trying to use up the can!
 
For the top:
I used my Cricut to cut the stencil.
The black Valspar brand is called Forged Iron.
That's one of my favorites for the decorative
paint layers I do!
 
For the bottom:
I didn't want to paint around the spindles,
so I hand cut the giant diamonds from some
tag board to make a stencil.
 
It all got a light sanding and then some
furniture wax.  According to my husband,
the wax smells like diesel fuel.  It kind of does,
until it dries.  It's Johnson brand paste wax.

 

Can you spot that cigarette burn?
 
 
Linking up to:
 
FFF
 
 &
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: