Friday, May 24, 2013

Glistening Tea

My aunt gave me an old silver tea set.
She no longer wanted it & some parts were broke.
So I chose to do a Pinterest copy
& created a lovely garden sun catcher.
 
 
 
How did I do it?
I drilled two holes in a small scrap piece of wood.
Then fed some thick wire thru it,
and stuffed it in the pot.
Feeding that long wire end out the spout was
a bit of a challenge.
 
 
 
But then I did wire loops & hung some
scrapbooking (Prima brand) supply gems on the wire.
I did small to large gems to give the illusion of liquid
pouring out.  It looks really pretty in the sun.
If you had vintage glass chandelier gems,
that would give you the ultimate sparkle.
 
 
 
Watch for old tea service sets at garage sales!
 
 
Linking up to:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. What a neat idea. I have some heirloom silver that isn't usable any more as the tea and coffee pot are very corroded inside. Do you plan to keep your piece of silver art polished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it will get polished! We'll see how Mother Nature affects it.

      Delete
  2. What a cool idea! I wish you had a Pinterest button so I could pin it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Thank you so much for sharing at Redoux.

    ReplyDelete