Thursday, June 28, 2012

America Theme

It's almost time to celebrate the 4th of July.  Where we live, it's a big deal.  The small town has quite a bit to do & see.  Having so many festivities nearby (1/2 mile) inspires me to decorate more, with flags & such.  I'll share with you some of my "junk" ideas.

Folding measure tape, commonly found for around $4....


I used a little Loc Tite to keep the shape from moving.
Wah-lah, a star.

***

How about a patriotic platter...turned into a decorative garden stake?



I only paid a dollar at the thrift store.
I love it!

***

New life for an ugly old brown frame,
filled with pressed flower.

If you have a Cricut paper cutting machine,
anything is possible!



I made this!
The Cricut cartridge was Stand & Salute.
I painted the frame white & sanded it a bit.

***


Linking up to:


Ivy and Elephants















1 comment:

  1. A cricut is on my wish list :) Your decorating looks great! Happy 4th of July :)

    ReplyDelete