Thursday, October 8, 2015

Orange Dresser

I'm in the mood for fall!
It is always fun to paint furniture
a seasonal color.
I'd like to share the dresser that
went from dark & drab to
bright & lively!


I did some major sanding on this 
project, and some modifications too.
There was one drawer slide and 
a pull knob missing.
That meant that I had to make
the large upper front space 
a usable shelf!
The two drawers inside the door 
area were long gone as well.
I used some thin wood that 
was laying around from another
dresser fix to whip out some handy
little shelves in that area too!


This paint was 9 years old,
from when we built our house!
It had never been opened,
so it was good as new.
The Menards brand Pittsburg paint called
Ginger Jar was just as pretty as when
I picked it out!


A lot of research online still left me clueless 
about the specifics of modifying a dresser drawer space.
So I got bold & borrowed the father-in-laws air nailer.
My hubby game me a few pointers and advice.
The biggest struggle was making some bracing in
spots to actually have some wood to nail into
and hold my shelf ends & corners in place.

Now, it can the void can hold cute baskets or 
be used as an entertainment center!!!

I envision this piece in a room with grey or ivory walls.
If someone was very bold, it could go with turquoise!


I did some dry brushing in brown 
and some minor distress sanding.

The finish turned out just as planned.


The wheat hardware was just right
for the rustic fall dresser.


I hope you like my latest
major project outcome!
It was not a project for the
weak of heart, but I'm thrilled
to give new life to yet another
sturdy old piece!
 
 
Linking up to:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment